If you all would be so kind, I need a "pointer" in the general direction.  I
think I'm on the right track, but here's the situation.

I have a Postfix server that performs SMTP relay services ONLY.  It relays for
about six domain names.  Final delivery of these six domains is handled by
three SMTP servers behind our firewall.  I want to prevent Internet based
SMTP servers from forging messages to my users from addresses set to be one
our domains.  In otherwords, the ONLY sending server that should EVER send
messages from mydomain.com is 1.2.3.4 (or perhaps 1.2.3.0/24).  I want to
prevent any other host from sending a message having an envelope sender other
than 1.2.3.0/24.  However, I NEED for 1.2.3.4 to be able to send messages
from all other envelope senders.  This particular internal host in question
is a IBM Mainframe and I'm afraid I'm not terribly knowledgeable on its SMTP
server at the moment.

I was able to get this working by using restriction classes, but it had the
unfortunate side effect of blocking mail forwarded from our internal SMTP
servers (particularly the mainframe) which preserve the envelope sender of
outside SMTP addresses.  The vast majority of our users forward their mail to
external accounts and all of the forwarded messages have an envelope sender
of the original sender (of course).

I need for our internal servers to be able to send messages with ANY envelope
sender to the relay, but I need for the relay to block messages from
unauthorized external servers trying to forge our domain names in SMTP
addresses.

I had a brief look over the backscatter HOWTO, and it seemed like it might
help in this problem, but I think the solution is via proper
manipulation/configuration of restriction classes, but you all have been good
at steering me in the right direction and any advice you can give me is
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

... Kev