On 11/14/2008, Wietse Venema ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Postfix as released by me does not chroot anything. Some
> Linux distributors insist on setting up things this way,
> which only can give Postfix a bad reputation.
>
> Perhaps if enough people complain it will be changed.

I'd be very interested in the response that the postfix author (and
other vastly more knowledgable people than I, like Victor) would give to
the people who claim that if it isn't chrooted, it isn't secure.

The only answer I can give right now is 'well, I've heard the author
Witese enema) on the email support list say that it doesn't really
provide any more security and isn't worth the headache'.

:)

--

Best regards,

Charles