Thanks for the great suggestions, mouss. We use Trend Micro IMSS, which
is very similar to amavisd. I'm sure we can work around it.

Daniel, I'm not too concerned about absolute accuracy at this stage,
since I just want to assess whether we need to take firmer measures. The
regexp I have should trap Amex numbers, although there may be a number
of false positives. I'll be reviewing them manually in any case. I'm not
worried about the expiration date or security code (with the latter, I
know of at least one example of a "pay-by-email" form that didn't
require that number at all) - I'm not planning to *use* the cards, heh.
Also, I believe crooks can use a credit card number to generate both an
expiry date and security code using some algorithm.