Khosrow Ebrahimpour:
> Hi postfix-users,
>
> We recently migrated from a Sendmail/Cyrus environment to a Postfix/Courier
> setup. Some of the users had ".forward" files that would forward their mail
> to an exchange server in our network, and this was done with a file like this
> one :
>
> ===
> @ms-exch.example.com:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This is SMTP syntax that has been deprecated forever. RFC 822
(released 1982) discourages its use and later RFCs do the same.

Postfix supports this syntax only in SMTP commands, by removing
the @ms-exch.example.com: portion. And that would not work for you,
since you have multiple servers that accept only [EMAIL PROTECTED]
not [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Since the migration, this feature doesn't work anymore. ms-exch is a virtual
> host that maps to one of three actual servers. And the so simply putting a
> rule that would forward mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] doesn't work.
> I've looked at transport maps but I'm not sure this problem can be solved
> using them.. as per the following thread:

A transport maps entry like this:

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]   smtp:ms-exch.example.com

Should do the job.