D G Teed wrote:
>  On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 3:20 PM, mouss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     D G Teed a écrit :
>     > I'd like to see an example of a set up where we could use
>     relay_domains
>     > and provide the flexibility of sending to any of our inbox servers
>     > within our domain, or forwarding a particular addresses email
>     > to an outside email address like gmail.com <http://gmail.com>
>     <http://gmail.com>
>     >

>     it doesn't take more than:
>
>     relay_domains = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_domains
>     relay_recipient_maps =  hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients
>
>     if you want to forward, simply add entries to vritual_alias_maps.
>
>     or do you confuse virtual_alias_maps and virtual_alias_domains? These
>     are completely different concepts.
>

> I've read docs like this.  It does not make it clear.
> What is inside the file /etc/postfix/relay_domains ?
>
> Part of the ambiguity in this stuff is what is meant by "domain".
> Sometimes it is a FQ hostname.

A domain is just that.
In Postfix, subdomains match domains unless you change the
parent_domain_matches_subdomains parameter.

> For my needs, I see no working examples of combining virtual
> mailbox domains and relay domains which includes samples
> of the files outside main.cf <http://main.cf> - what is inside the files
> which are referenced.

The parameters for virtual_mailbox_domains and relay_domains are the same.
They are simply in different classes.  One should not contain the other.
This is due to how Postfix will handle each class by default.

Please do not confuse virtual_alias_maps as this transverses all Address
Classes.

Brian