john mickler:
> I have one other question about BCP for mailing infrastructure.
>
> In our current setup we have:
>
> INBOUND
> a.mx   --
> b.mx   ----  mail
> c.mx   --
>
>  OUTBOUND
> {local servers} -->
> remote-smtp-auth -->   smtp  --> {INTERNET}

Makes sense to me, but then it's been a while since I set up email
infrastructure myself. The drawing doesn't show mailbox access,
but this is not part of the questions that you're asking.

The only thing you might add at some point is a safety to prevent
a corrupted client from sending out massive amounts of email and
getting your servers blacklisted. Something like policyd to enforce
generous safety limits on local submissions.