Egoitz Aurrekoetxea wrote:

[we heard you the first time, no need to keep posting the same question. Note that gmail suppresses the "duplicate" of your post arriving from the list.]

[please press the "Plain Text" button when posting from gmail]

Hi all!,

I wanted to ensure postfix can only use the number of transport daemons I specify for it... for example if I have 10 smtp client daemons I wanted the queue manager to know I only have 10 smtp daemons and should organize deliveries knowing that can only use 10 (for avoiding unknown mail transport errors...), or for amavis, I only have 4 amavis procceses for avoiding timeouts and so... I have been looking at default_destination_ concurrency_limit and default_destination_recipient_limit (knowing that you can change default by the transport) but this doesn't do the trick because for example smtp_destination_concurrency_limit does : The maximal number of parallel deliveries to the same destination via the smtp message delivery transport; so the number of deliveries to the same destination through smtp but not to all destinations through smtp... and perhaps this can open several smtp client daemons (it could try to open more than it has availables).

In short what I wanted to do is say postfix you have only 4 amavis instances (for example) and don't try to open any more at the same time (for avoiding transport errors or problems and stay mails in active queue till a transport daemon is free...). How could I manage for this? Just with the master proccess limit is possible this?

Yes, adjust the maxproc column in master.cf to adjust the total number of daemons a particular transport can spawn. If the maxproc column is "-", then default_process_limit is used.

I say because sometime have suffered unknown mail transport errors that has fixed increasing for example the number of smtp instances in master.cf <http://master.cf/>

No, your observation is flawed. "unknown transport" is caused when the transport specified does not exist in master.cf. Increasing a transport's maxproc number won't fix that problem.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

Egoitz.

You're welcome and have a nice day.

--