On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Sahil Tandon <sa...@tandon.net> wrote:

> No, this is backscatter.  Do not accept mail that you intend to bounce.
> Relocated maps should be setup on the MX that sits on the border; not
> an internal mail server.

Unfortunately I don't control the MX that initially accepts the mails
(beyond accepting/rejecting an email for a specific address).

I'll look into procmail and/or vacation, but sounds like this might not be a
good idea to begin with. I can see how spammers could target those addresses
with fake sender envelopes.. although they could not include their message
if the response was canned, and did not include the subject or an excerpt of
the message they sent.

Ville