Payne wrote:
Guys,

I am a bit slow on this, I got a client that won't let me change the way mail working, but they want me to set up SMTP Authentication. How can I do it so it work without cyrus or dovecot.

That's kind of like telling someone to take the train to Hawaii...

You can't. Postfix requires an external "helper" program to do SMTP AUTH. Currently, dovecot and cyrus are the supported helper applications.

If you have a recent postfix built with default settings, you should be able to install dovecot with minimal changes to postfix. Typing
postconf -a
will tell you what, if any, SMTP AUTH programs your postfix was built with.

--
Noel Jones