neugi schrieb:
2008/12/15 Udo Rader <list...@bestsolution.at>:
neugi schrieb:
how can i check if users use sasl or not?
are there any special settings in the mailclient?

best

2008/12/15 Charles Marcus <cmar...@media-brokers.com>:
On 12/15/2008, neugi (neu...@gmail.com) wrote:
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,
 permit_mynetworks, reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org,
 reject_unauth_destination, reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
 reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_unauth_pipelining,
 reject_unknown_recipient_domain, reject_unknown_sender_domain,
 check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:60000
First, put reject_unauth_destination BEFORE reject_rbl_client - this
will prevent lots of unnecessary DNS queries...

As for your problem, the only thing I can think of is your users are not
actually using sasl_auth?
1. check the logs, there should be lines like these

------CUT----
Dec 14 08:34:39 hel postfix/smtpd[9845]: 7566CBC05FE:
client=client.example.com[192.168.17.34], sasl_method=CRAM-MD5,
sasl_username=whoever
------CUT----

if not, your users are not using SMTP auth and this is a client side issue.

2. please don't top post :-)

--
Udo Rader
http://www.bestsolution.at

okay got many of this lines in my log. seems everybody is using the SMTP auth.

Allright, then show a log excerpt from a mobile user failing to send as you described.

--
Udo Rader
http://www.bestsolution.at