Do you REALLY need to?

How many OOO replies are then going to be sent to every mailing list you're on? To every piece of spam sent to you? etc etc.

OOO Replies aren't really necessary anymore, are they?

Christian Desrochers wrote:
Hi all,

My office will be closed for the Christmas holidays and I would like to set up an mail autoresponder that will send back a notice to the sender for every mail sent at @our_domain.com <http://our_domain.com>.

What I really want is to reply to sender saying we are closed and will be back on Jan 5th. More, I want the received email to be delivered to the final recipient, so this one can follow up when he or she is back.

I found a website giving a procmail receipe that sounds good. I am just wondering if I have to add anything else to it, so the mail is delivered to the final user? Do you guys know an other way to set up a mail autoresponder, using postfix? Here is the website:
http://www.knowplace.org/pages/howtos/autoresponder_with_procmail_howto.php

Thanks in advance,

Chris