/dev/rob0:
> First problem: well, I thought the alias would still have the Tag
> extension, but no, ~rob0/.forward+Postfix was not used. According to
> local(8), SECURITY: "The local(8) delivery agent disallows regular
> expression substitution of $1 etc. in alias_maps, because that would
> open a security hole." Perhaps $EXTENSION is in the "etc."

The Postfix local delivery agent case-folds the address local-part,
so that mail for wie...@porcupine.org is not returned as undeliverable.
However, when address extension support was added somewhere in 1998
(between the alpha and beta releases), no code was added to exclude
extensions from case folding.

I would not object to additional options that control local-part
case folding, but the behavior should remain backwards compatible
to avoid massive breakage.