Hi:

I am having a problem with duplicate bcc's (from recipient_bcc_maps) and I suspect I know why - but I hope someone can point me to a solution.

I have a content filter set up for dspam (content_filter = dspam:dspam in main.cf) set up as described in the "Advanced content filter example" section of http://www.postfix.com/FILTER_README.html - it works fine.

Now I've added the ability for selected virtual mailbox addresses to trigger recipient_bcc_maps so that a bcc is generated to a specific address only when mail is sent to designated recipients.

This is where the problem arises.

When mail arrives, the bcc is generated and sent. Then when the mail is injected back into postfix after the content filter, another bcc is generated and sent. The secind bcc is, of course, undesireable.

I tried adding:

  -o recipient_bcc_maps=

to the overrides for localhost:10026 (where dspam reinjects the mail) but that did not change the behavior. It still generated the second bcc.

I don't see this documented per se (am I missing something?), but can recipient_bcc_maps be over-riden this way? If not, is there another way to avoid the second bcc?

Thank you for any help, pointers and/or advice you can offer!!