Wietse Venema wrote:
Linux Addict:
Sahil Tandon wrote:
Linux Addict wrote:

Hello, I have clients sending mails to an non-existent email address/domain, emailerm...@exchange.example.net. I want to discard any mail sent to this address. I looked at smtpd_recipient_restrictions, but cant figure out how to get this done. Please help me!!
Why not simply reject such messages?  What is the reason you want to
accept but silently discard messages to that non-existent user?  It is
your choice to do so, but please offer some rationale for the archives.

Sorry.. I wasn't checking my mails for sometime. I am open to Rejecting those mails as well..

Well. The mails are sent by one of the legacy app which has the hard coded the email address. The email domain has been decommed recently. The engineering will update this email address in their next release. But till that time, I don't want postfix to spend energy on these mails.

So How will I reject mails to the email in question. Transport will do?

Transport rules such as:

    u...@example.com  error:5.1.1 user unknown
    example.com       error:5.1.2 domain unknown

will do the job.

        Wietse

thank you!