On Dec 30, 2008, at 11:44 PM, Hwan Dong wrote:

after there is some rejection, add "sleep/delay" before resuming sending, this timer could be different from previous "constant sending delay" as flow-control, this rejection delay is more like "ok, it seems you are not happy or too busy, I am going to wait a bit. So we have two timers, one is timer for flow control, another is only fired when being rejected.

Is there any parameter in postfix to play for this rejection timer? If so, could you give me some tips? If not, do you have some idea how to enhance postfix to do it, if this is reasonable solution?

It isn't entirely clear what specific problem you are trying to solve, but reading this may help: http://www.postfix.org/rate.html#backoff

Rejections from various ISPs can happen for any number of reasons, and unless you look at the specific rejection errors you are getting you are going to have a hard time correcting the issues. Simply adding delays is unlikely to fix most such issues.

Specific log entries would be helpful in troubleshooting further.