From: Jim Wright <j...@wrightthisway.com>
Subject: Re: postfix questions: when emails are being rejected...
To: hwand...@yahoo.com
Cc: postfix-users@postfix.org
Date: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 10:30 PM

On Dec 30, 2008, at 11:44 PM, Hwan Dong wrote:

> after there is some rejection, add "sleep/delay" before resuming
sending, this timer could be different from previous "constant sending
delay" as flow-control, this rejection delay is more like "ok, it
seems you are not happy or too busy, I am going to wait a bit. So we have two
timers, one is timer for flow control, another is only fired when being
rejected.

> Is there any parameter in postfix to play for this rejection timer?If so,
could you give me some tips? If not, do you have some idea how to enhance
postfix to do it, if this is reasonable solution?

It isn't entirely clear what specific problem you are trying to solve, but
reading this may help:  http://www.postfix.org/rate.html#backoff

Rejections from various ISPs can happen for any number of reasons, and unless
you look at the specific rejection errors you are getting you are going to have
a hard time correcting the issues.  Simply adding delays is unlikely to fix most
such issues.

Specific log entries would be helpful in troubleshooting further.