Hi:

Yet another question I hope I can impose upon your help for...

I am testing sender restrictions and have defined an alternate submission entry in master.cf for this purpose (and not to disrupt other users while I test).

I want to test the check_sender_access which requires the form "check_sender_access type:table" which includes whitespace, which is not permitted in master.cf

According to the master(5) documentation:
do not specify whitespace around the "=". In parameter values, either avoid whitespace altogether, use commas instead of spaces, or consider overrides like "-o name=$override_parameter" with $over- ride_parameter set in main.cf.

So will this work:
main.cf:
$my_test_sender_restrictions=check_sender_access pcre:/path/to/ file.pcre

master.cf
-o smtpd_sender_restrictions= $my_test_sender_restrictions,reject_sender_login_mismatch,.....
or am I missing something?
Thank you!
--Jeff