On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 11:03:51AM +0100, Bas van Reeuwijk wrote:

> Am I correct in understandig that I should set null_sender to empty in the
> pipe command to my content filter, because the default is set to
> 'MAILER-DAEMON'?

Yes.

> Currently my filter entry in the master.cf is as follows:
>
> spamfilter    unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe flags=Rq
> user=spamfilter argv=/usr/local/bin/spamfilter.sh -f ${sender} --
> ${recipient}
>
> So it should become?:
>
> spamfilter    unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe flags=Rq
> null_sender= user=spamfilter argv=/usr/local/bin/spamfilter.sh -f
> ${sender} -- ${recipient}

Exactly, with suitable leading whitespace on lines after the first if it
is not all on one line:

    spamfilter    unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
        flags=Rq null_sender= user=spamfilter
        argv=/usr/local/bin/spamfilter.sh -f ${sender} -- ${recipient}

Check the script to make sure it does not break with an empty "-f"
option value. If spamfilter only uses the command-line arguments
for re-injecting into sendmail(1) and otherwise only looks at the
message content (not envelope) you are done. Otherwise you need
to see how it parses/uses the "-f sender" option.

--
        Viktor.