secSwami wrote:
So after trying and trying other methods of making postfix send emails for the SASL authenticated users to work, I am trying to now use dovecot sasl config. My main purpose is that I should be able to SEND email from anywhere on the internet using my POSTFIX mail server. There is seems to be some problem with my config,
can someone shine some light on this:
   }
}

Just for a quit test, please try the following "^smtp..." settings:

smtp_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${queue_directory}/smtp_scache
smtpd_client_restrictions = reject_invalid_hostname
smtpd_helo_required = yes
smtpd_helo_restrictions = reject_invalid_hostname
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_unknown_recipient_domain, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth
smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_unknown_address
smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key
smtpd_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${queue_directory}/smtpd_scache
smtpd_use_tls = yes

That works for me an Thunderbird from everywhere i can connect to imaps (Dovecot) ...