On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 09:45:15PM +0100, mouss wrote:

> Jeff Weinberger a ?crit :
> >
> [snip]> I now have it working, as far as I can tell, as I want. The goal
> was to
> > have a submission service that forces authentication and requires that
> > authenticated users only send from addresses they own.
> >
> > So I now have:
> >
> > submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
> >   -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
> >   -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
> >   -o smtpd_client_restrictions=
> >   -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
> >   -o
> > smtpd_sender_restrictions=$587_master_sender_restrictions,reject_sender_login_mismatch,permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
>
> it would be better to move the "reject_sender..." part to main.cf (in
> 587_master_sender_restrictions). since you are already using this custom
> variable, go ahead and use it fully.

Also no need to duplicate "permit_sasl_authenticated, reject" also in the
sender restrictions. It is already present in the recipient restrictions.
Also be consistent in the use of main.cf vs. master.cf:

master.cf:
    submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
      -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
      -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
      -o smtpd_client_restrictions=
      -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=$submission_recipieent_restrictions
      -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=$submission_sender_restrictions

main.cf:

    submission_sender_restrictions =
        ... whatever is in $587_master_sender_restrictions ...
        reject_sender_login_mismatch
    submission_recipient_restrictions =
        permit_sasl_authenticated,
        reject