Dears,

I have serveral digital senders (scanning machine) on site, which relay my
Postfix 2.5 as default email gateway. From my requirment, they can only send
mail to INTRANET, I need to restrict those machines from sending mails to
Internet.

Currently, I setup a user based restriction but with no SMTP authentication.
The details is: (example)

/etc/postfic/restricted_senders
/....@abc\.com/           local_only
/a...@abc.com/             OK

/etc/postfix/main.cf
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        check_sender_access regexp:/etc/postfix/restricted_senders,
permit_mynetworks, reject_unauth_destination
smtpd_restriction_classes = local_only
local_only = check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/local_domains, reject

/etc/postfix/local_only
subdomain1.abc.com            OK
subdomain2.abc.com            OK

>From the above setting, I can successfully restrict those machines from
sending outside. But I would like to carify that is it the only way to
identify the sender is by SMTP authentication, because not all the machine
support SMTP client authentication. I am thinking, whether I can setup a
restriction based on IP rather than sender because SMTP sender is not alwasy
trusted.

Thank you very much.