Magnus Bäck wrote:

> On Monday, January 19, 2009 at 05:11 CET,
>      Jacky Chan <jac...@wkg1.umac.mo> wrote:
>
>> As subject. Does the following configuration meet the subject?
>> 192.168.1.55 and 192.168.1.56 can only send mail to subdomain1.abc.com,
>> subdomain2.abc.com
>> And others IP in 192.168.1.0/24 can send mail to subdomain1.abc.com,
>> subdomain2.abc.com and outsiders, is that achieved by the following
>> configuration?
>
> No. Noel has already posted a working configuration where you list the
> non-relaying IP addresses in mynetworks. This will allw 192.168.1.5[56]
> to send to all domains managed by you, but perhaps this is enough?
>
>> #/etc/postfix/main.cf
>> mynetworks = hash:/etc/postfix/access
>
> Must be: cidr:/etc/postfix/access
>
>> smtpd_client_restrictions = check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/access
>> smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,
>> reject_unauth_destination
>>
>> smtpd_restriction_classes = local_only
>> local_only = check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/local_domains,
>> reject
>>
>> # /etc/postfix/access
>> 192.168.1.55       REJECT
>> 192.168.1.56       REJECT
>> 192.168.1.0/24    OK
>>
>> # /etc/postfix/local_only
>> subdomain1.abc.com            OK
>> subdomain2.abc.com            OK
>
> No, this is backwards (and there's a filename mismatch -- local_domains
> vs. local_only). See the example at [1] but replace check_sender_access
> with check_client_access.
>
> Also, you probably don't want to return OK for 192.168.1.0/24. That
> means that all restrictions listed after your check_client_access
> restriction will be bypassed, and this is probably not what you want.
>
> [1] http://www.postfix.org/RESTRICTION_CLASS_README.html#external
>
> --
> Magnus Bäck
> mag...@dsek.lth.se

Hi, Magnus. Thank you very much for your advise and I changed the
configuration as below.
Would you mind to have a look and please point out what I missed.
I highlighted the modification in BOLD.

#/etc/postfix/main.cf
mynetworks = cidr:/etc/postfix/access

smtpd_client_restrictions = check_client_access cidr:/etc/postfix/access
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = check_client_access
cidr:/etc/postfix/access,permit_mynetworks, reject_unauth_destination
smtpd_restriction_classes = local_only
local_only = check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/local_domains, reject

# /etc/postfix/access
192.168.1.55       REJECT
192.168.1.56       REJECT
192.168.1.0/24    RELAY