Brian Evans - Postfix List wrote:

> MountainX wrote:
>>
>> Brian Evans - Postfix List wrote:

>>> The official documentation is often the best source.
>>>
>>> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#mydomain
>>>
>>> Brian
>>>

>> Thank you. Now I realize I have a config that may not be right.
>> I have mydomain = example.com
>> and myhostname = example.com
>>

> In  your case, you should have something like:
> mydomain = example.com
> myhostname = mail.example.com
>
> myhostname must be the fully qualified name.
>
> Brian

But would it be correct to leave it as it?
One reason is that my spam settings (which I copied/pasted into postfix
config) are so tight that basic functionality fails if I am using two or
more domains (example.com and xyz.example.com). And I kind of like it like
this. I just want it simple and I want it secure. And since I don't
understand the spam settings, I want to leave them as they are, which means
they only work when I use only a single domain (example.com with no
hostname).

BTW, mail.example.com is defined in DNS as a CNAME record pointing to
ghs.google.com, so I don't want to use that anyway.

I have the option to use xyz.example.com, but there is no A record defined
for xyz.example.com nor do I want there to be one. (xyz means anything)

I simply want everything in the email headers to always show up as
example.com not nnn.example.com.
My entire domain really consists of a single server hosting a blog.

Thanks for your continued assistance.

-----
http://davestechshop.net blog