Jack Knowlton:
> On Sat, January 31, 2009 3:01 pm, Wietse Venema wrote:
> > Jack Knowlton:
> >> Hi all.
> >> I have an postfix installation configured to use my ISP's server as
> >> relayhost.
> >> I don't want to put too much load on it (and get blacklisted) so I'd
> >> like
> >> to limit the number of messages sent per minute.
> >> I found previous posts on how to do that per destination domain - but
> >> how
> >> about the relayhost?
> >
> > Postfix is short-sighted. It thinks only one step ahead. The
> > relayhost *IS* the destination, for the purposes of connection
> > scheduling.
> >
> >     Wietse
> >

> Ok. I configured *_destination_concurrency_limit but I was looking for
> something time-defined, like messages per minute.
> Is it possible to achieve?

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#default_destination_rate_delay

The Postfix defaults are:

default_destination_rate_delay = 0s
lmtp_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
local_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
relay_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
smtp_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
virtual_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay

You can override these in main.cf.