On 2/4/2009, David Bishop (t...@gnuconsulting.com) wrote:
> So are you recommending dropping courier for imap/pop completely? Or
> just using the SASL portion of dovecot?  I guess I don't particularly
> care what imap/pop server I use, as long as it can use a
> crypted-password from a mysql database, and read/write maildir...

I highly recommend changing to dovecot if you have the opportunity...
the performance difference is incredible, as Patrick pointed out, and I
have to say, Timo does far more than a 'good job' on dovecot... he
usually will have a fix for a well reported bug within hours, if not
sooner (depends on if he is sleeping or not when it is reported I
guess)... :)

--

Best regards,

Charles