I'm working on a DB environment integration with Postfix and have gotten
TCP dict lookups to function. Now, I'm working on mail delivery and am
trying to determine which method of mailbox delivery to take. I have a few
limitations in my application, but for the most part I'm open to all
methods. I want to be able to handle quotas inside my application and pass
back information to allow temporary or permanent delivery error codes and
messages for Postfix DSN. The biggest limitation I have is that I can not
assign exit status codes directly from the application. I would have to wrap
it in a scripting language and decipher an interim status code to a shell
exit code. What are some recommendations to openly handle external mail
delivery? I've considered LMTP and mailbox_command but I'm not sure if a
pipe service would be more viable. Ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,
GlenB