On Feb 8, 2009, at 6:10 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
To make this work without false matches, you will need to enumerate
the user names.

/^(user1|user2|user3)(-.+)?...@example\.com$/    $...@example.com
/^(user4|user5|user6)(-.+)?...@example\.com$/    $...@example.com

False positives will cause your machine to accept spam, find out
that Google rejects the non-existent username, and then your Postfix
will try to return the spam to people who did not send it.

I have the Google account set to silently drop any email whose address doesn't exist.

Not nearly as good as killing the message during the initial conversation, but at least there is no backscatter. Once things settle down a little, I'll probably go back and enumerate the user names.

Thanks.