Hello again,

I just want to confirm before I change this that I'm not missing
something that will cause me some pain...

Currently I have all of my restrictions under
smtpd_recipient_restrictions, but after seeing some questions about
these on the list, I'm thinking that there are two that should be moved.

My current restrictions are:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
 check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/moved-employees,
 permit_mynetworks,
 permit_sasl_authenticated,
 reject_unauth_destination,
## only allow outsourced anti-spam service to send us email
 check_client_access cidr:/etc/postfix/allowed_clients.cidr,
## custom rejects for x-employees
 check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/x-employees,
## block certain senders from sending us mail
 check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/blocked_senders

I'm thinking it would be better to move the check_client_access check to
smtpd_client_restrictions, and the check_sender_access check to
smtpd_sender_restrictions, so I'd then have:

smtpd_client_restrictions =
  permit_mynetworks,
  permit_sasl_authenticated,
  check_client_access cidr:/etc/postfix/allowed_clients.cidr,
smtpd_sender_restrictions =
  permit_mynetworks,
  permit_sasl_authenticated,
  check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/blocked_senders
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
 check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/moved-employees,
 permit_mynetworks,
 permit_sasl_authenticated,
 reject_unauth_destination,
 check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/x-employees,

I'm unsure if the permit_mynetworks and permit_sasl_authenticated checks
are necessary under all three - is it sufficient to just have these
under recipient_restrictions, or do you need to add them to each when
breaking things up like this?

Or does this make sense to change this? Would it be better/ok to just
leave them all under recipient_restrictions?

Tia for any comments/help,

--

Best regards,

Charles