Sorry for taking long ... tried to do some research on the hints I got
from over here but failed miserably... below are my comments ...

> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 00:13:32 +0100
> From: mo...@ml.netoyen.net
> To: postfix-users@postfix.org
> Subject: Re: Postfix + Maildrop
>
> sim085 a écrit :
> > [snip]
> > Thank you for your reply. I do have the courier authmysqlrc file set up
> > however it is located at /etc/courier/ not /etc/authlib/.
>
> The location is system dependent. if your courier (imap, pop, webmail)
> works, it's ok.

yes, I can confirm courier-imap is working fine.

> > In my opinion this
> > file is set up properly since otherwise squirrelmail would not be working.
>
> well... squirrelmail doesn't access that files. what you mean is that
> your imap server is working.
>
> > However just in case I created the /etc/authlib/ directory and copied
> > authmysqlrc there.
>
> don't create random files. ok for testing. but now, remove'em.

:) definitely ...

> > Unfortunately still no good results :(
> >
> > Enterting the command maildrop  -V 4 -d  sysad...@mydomain.com  < 1 return
> > the following:
> > base 1: No such file or directory.
>
> well, you asked it to read from a file named "1". use "< /dev/null"
> instead.

I did as you suggested and the results I get are the following;

Message start at 0 bytes, envelope sender=root
maildrop: Attempting sysad...@mydomain.com
maildrop: Unable to open filter file, errno=2

However
I cannot understand why I am getting the third line. On the
documentation it says that .maildropfilter should be in $HOME/. I
understand that this means the home directory of the user used by
maildrop. In my case the user is 'mail' and the home directory is
'/var/mail/'. I created a file named '.maildropfilter' and inside it I
placed only a single line to point to the mailbox (available further
below). To be sure I also passed the following commands; chown mail
.maildropfilter and chmod 666 .maildropfilter. I then copied the file
to '/etc/courier/' as well but still had the same results :(

> > Enter the command maildrop  -v returns the following:
> > maildrop 2.0.4 Copyright 1998-2005 Double Precision, Inc
> > GDBM/DB extensions enabled
> > Maildir quota extensions enabled
> > <License text>
>
> so your maildrop was not built with authlib support. as a result, it
> can't query authdaemon. with authlib support, you get something like:
>
> $ maildrop -v
> maildrop 2.0.4 Copyright 1998-2005 Double Precision, Inc.
> GDBM extensions enabled.
> Courier Authentication Library extension enabled.
> Maildir quota extension enabled.
> This program is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public
> License. See COPYING for additional information.

spent all morning on the internet trying to find how to install
maildrop with authlib support and did not find much. However I did find
something interesting. On one website there was written that maildrop
started displaying "Courier Authentication Library extension enabled."
after it was configured to use authmysqlrc. Needless to say I did not
fine the information where such setting should be placed!

> look at the "Courier Authentication Library extension enabled." line.
>
> if the mailbox location or uid/gid is "dynamic", yiu'll need to
> reinstall maildrop with authlib support.
>
> if the mailbox location is "static" (for example
> /base/domain/user/maildir/) and you use a single uid:gid for all
> mailboxes, then you can run maildrop with -d mailboxuid and have
> maildroprc determine the mailbox path.

At
the moment all uid:gid have the same value. Therefore I was trying to
get maildrop to work with the auth support and then work on connecting
maildrop to mysql later.

For this reason I changed my
master.cf file maildrop setting to be finish with '... -d 1000
${recipient} ${user}'. Considering maildrop should drop the emails in:
'/var/mail/virtual/{user}/new/' I put a single line in .maildropfilter
file as follows: 'MAILBOX = "/var/mail/virtual/$1/new/" '. NOTE: I only
have this line in the .maildropfilter file.

> > Enter the command authtest sysad...@mydomain.com return the following:
> > Authentication FAILED: Operation not permitted
> >

> if you got this as root, then you have a problem. any selinux, apparmor,
> ... ?

It seems I have apparmor installed... is this a problem?

> > Also from where do I turn logging on? I do not have the file
> > /etc/maildroprc!
>
> you create it. but the location is system dependent. so you'll have to
> fins out whether your maildrop uses this file. this is easy: just put
> random stuff there and see maildrop barking for syntax errors...

created the maildroprc in '/etc/courier/' I put a single line (again)
which is as follows 'logfile = "/var/log/maildrop.log" '. When I run
the above mentioned commands I do not get anything written in the log
file (I pre-created and gave all type of rights on it). Where should I
see maildrop complain about the syntax?

Discover the new Windows Vista