At 06:37 PM 2/21/2009, Charles Marcus wrote:
Yes, but this is only a WORKAROUND. You should focus on fixing the
PROBLEM. The PROBLEM is a vacation message is being sent when it shoudln't.

I think our thought process is different. I have a technical thing I want to do (and understand in postfix). So it depends on how you define things as a problem. I can see also wanting this to work for other things where I'm setting messages with delimiter addresses. (ex: if I wanted to prevent users from sending messages with delimiters already in them). And I'll certainly try to solve why the vacation app isn't working the way you say it should.

So I'm trying to solve a more general thing than the direction you're suggesting; the information is still useful. But I want to know how to accomplish that goal in postfix. It's an amazingly powerful application, and the more I understand how it works the better.

Rick