LuKreme wrote, at 03/13/2009 04:26 PM:
> On 13-Mar-2009, at 10:49, Bill Cole wrote:
>
>> If you have a good port 587 config in master.cf, you may need no
>> changes there. My submission entry for a server that accepts no port
>> 25 submission from outside the LAN is:
>>
>> submission    inet    n    -    n    -    -    smtpd
>> -o smtpd_enforce_tls=yes -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
>> -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
>> -o syslog_name=postfix/submit
>> -o smtpd_milters=
>>
>> (If your main.cf doesn't define smtpd_milters, the last line is
>> unnecessary)
>
> That's nice to see.  My master.cf is quite old, and the submission port
> info is... lemme look
>
> Oh, my
>
> 587       inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
>

> That's it. Lemme at least change that.

Here's an example for a recent Postfix:

submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
  -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
  -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
  -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING

> I wish more clients were like Mail.app in this respect, its default is
> to try 25, 465, and 587, so if all my users were using Mail.app, I could
> just switch things and it would 'do the right thing'.

Is that true after initial configuration? It would be odd for a client
to start probing alternate ports outside of a configuration wizard.