On 17-Mar-2009, at 03:49, LuKreme wrote:
I've made sure that /var/run/saslauthd/ is owned by root:postfix (it was root:mail) and have removed the authdaemon_path line and am trying again. Hopefully this was it.

That wasn't it, and the ownership by root:mail shouldn't matter as the postfix user is part of the mail group. I think I've read everything twice, and am stumped.

Should I just start over and install dovecot (cyrus was the only option way back in the day)?

--
Rent a flat above a shop, cut your hair and get a job, smoke some
        fags and play some pool, pretend you never went to school and