On 17-Mar-2009, at 11:47, Andreas Winkelmann wrote:
On 17-Mar-2009, at 03:49, LuKreme wrote:

I've made sure that /var/run/saslauthd/ is owned by root:postfix (it
was root:mail) and have removed the authdaemon_path line and am
trying again. Hopefully this was it.

That wasn't it, and the ownership by root:mail shouldn't matter as the
postfix user is part of the mail group. I think I've read everything
twice, and am stumped.

Should I just start over and install dovecot (cyrus was the only
option way back in the day)?

Did you check Patrick`s hint about the stored Passwords in your SQL- Server. Cyrus-SASL auxprop is bound to cleartext Passwords. If you have crypted
Passwords, you have to patch Cyrus-SASL.

Ah... I must have missed that.  <looks back>

Oh, well, that must be it then. passwords from postfixadmin are stored in md5crypt.

(they look like $1$a28cb10c$wzblsb81Kv.F7vnMtqlEf.)

So, more on this patching of Cyrus-SASL?

--
I believe you can joke about anything. -- George Carlin