On 17-Mar-2009, at 03:15, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
* LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com>:
OK, first question is will I be able to setup smtpd.conf so that it will support MULTIPLE authentication methods (sql and PAM)? But first, to get
it working.

I am running on a custom port right now to avoid mucking with 587 until
everything is working:

2525      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
 -o smtpd_enforce_tls=yes
 -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
 -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
 -o syslog_name=submit-tls

If I authenticate against users in the sasldb file, with a smtpd.conf
of:

$ cat /usr/local/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf

Path MUST be /usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf. Create a symlink. Authentication works, because sasldb is the default and fallback method. If libsasl can't
find a smtpd.conf it will fall back to sasldb.

Ok, but then why does it stop working if I change the contents of /usr/ local/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf? And why are the compile directives set to:

--with-configdir=/usr/local/lib/sasl2:/usr/local/etc/sasl2' '--with- plugindir=/usr/local/lib/sasl2' '--with-dbpath=/usr/local/etc/sasldb2'

I've made sure that /var/run/saslauthd/ is owned by root:postfix (it was root:mail) and have removed the authdaemon_path line and am trying again. Hopefully this was it.

Oh, and since I forgot to mention, Courier-imapd-ssl works fine, it is only the SMTP authentication that is proving cumbersome.

pwcheck_method: auxprop
mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN

everything works fine. I authenticate and maillog shows the
authentication.  No problem at all.

If I change smtpd.conf to :
pwcheck_method: auxprop
mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN
auxprop_plugin: sql
sql_verbose: yes
sql_engine: mysql
sql_hostnames: localhost
sql_user: *user*
sql_passwd: *passwd*
sql_database: postfix
sql_select: select password from mailbox where username = '%u'
authdaemon_path=/var/run/authdaemond/socket

$ ls -ls /var/run/authdaemond/socket
0 srwxrwxrwx  1 root  courier  0 Mar 17 01:49 /var/run/authdaemond/
socket

Which do you want authdaemond or sql?

That's a good question. These were the instructions given with postfixadmin, but I did try this without the authdaemon_path line as well. Still, made a few changes and am giving it another go.

--
This story shall the good man teach his son; And Crispin Crispian
        shal ne'er go by, From this day to the ending of the world, But