On Friday 20 March 2009 12:04:22 Brandon Hilkert wrote:
> Is a simple ext3 partition usually the recommend file system?

Please do not top post.

We use ext3 to have simple, repeatable, clear server setups without surprises
or pitfalls. Performance is good enough for our needs, so I never actually
compared performance. My comment on XFS is a vague memory from several years
back, and not related to mail servers specifically. Actually, I'd expect XFS
to be fast enough, but I also see no reason to use it in this case.

Probably you have a different problem, but if you have to setup the server
again, I'd use ext3.

Rainer