On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Brandon Hilkert wrote:

I was able to mount it to a tmpfs partition. There was no change in throughput with my script on a tmpfs vs ext3 drive.

So that would mean my disk is not a contribution factor right?

I'm just following this thread because of curiosity.

tmpfs? Or, do you mean ramfs (like Ralf spoke of). I believe there was a response already made by Wietse with regards to tmpfs that stated:

    "tmpfs is backed by the swap file, which is on disk."

Therefore, I would think you would not see a difference.