On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Ashwin Muni <ashwin.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a query i want postfix not to try sending mails to a destination
> which is dead. Does postfix maintains cache or is there any settings to be
> done for it. Tried googleing found this two directives. But dont exactly
> know it really works .
>
> minimal_backoff_time = 86400
>
> maximal_backoff_time = 86400
>

> Ex: I'm sending a mail to xyz.com and my server could not connect to the
> xyz.com smtp server. My mail gets deffered and then it tries as per my
> setting but later another user of mine tries to send mail to the same domain
> and it happens again. I dont want postfix to try instead it can check the
> cache for the domain and not try delivering it.
>
> --
> Ashwin R.

I get around "HARD Bounces" for huge no. of domain from my environment every
day. I want postfix to record these types of domain and use as reference for
later sending of mail. When a mail comes if the domain is present in the
list then it should not try sending instead defer it or send an
notification.

say i send a mail to xyz.com and it got bounced i want postfix not to try
sent mail to this domain for a specific time.

--
Ashwin R.