On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 01:56:40PM -0500, sandm...@rice.edu wrote:

> > So the cases that use ${recipient_delimiter} will only match addresss that
> > actually have an extension.  If you want to use it unconditionally, you'll
> > need to use a literal "+", instead.
>
> Wow!  There is no need for me to use the literal.  Thank you so much
> for such a quick solution!

Not exactly sure what you meant, but it seems you did replace:

    $home/.forward${recipient_delimiter}auth

with the explicit simpler:

    $home/.forward+auth

i.e. used a "literal" "+":

>   rt2 postfix-auth/local[146837]: deliver_dotforward: path
> /home/rt/.forward+auth expand_status 0 look_status 0

What's notable here, is how rare actual compatibility breaks are in
Postfix.  Wietse has managed to maintain essentially backwards
compatible behaviour for over 20 years, which speaks to both design
quality and care for the users.

You've stubled over a rare exception, congratulations on the find.
Unlike Don Knuth, we don't have an exponentially increasing payout for
verified bug reports, and even he eventually stopped sending cheques,
once fraudsters started forging the ones that users proudly posted
copies of online...  Consider yourself a "moral" cheque recipient.

--
    Viktor.