On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 12:56:23PM -0400, Wietse Venema via Postfix-users wrote:
> Michael W. Lucas via Postfix-users:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a way to dump the postscreen database, showing which
> > addresses are cached and why?
> >
> > Running postfix 3.8 on FreeBSD.
>
> postmap -s
>
> The database contains tuples with (client IP address, list of
> timestamps). Each timestamp indicates when the corresponding test
> result expires, or whether a test is disabled.
>
> It's an internal interface, so tools that depend on it may break
> as the format evolves. If you are not using LMDB, the file may
> change while you're dumping it (LMDB reports the contents of a
> temporary snapshot).

That's what I would have thought. I can run postmap -s and postmap -q
on the usual db files in /etc/postfix just fine, but when I try it on
/var/db/postfix/postscreen_cache.db it just hangs:

# postmap -s  postscreen_cache

I know that 80.94.95.181 is in there, because I'm watching the mail
log and that host keeps trying. Querying for that same address also
gives a hang:

# postmap -q 80.94.95.181 postscreen_cache

My cache is set to default:

postscreen_cache_map = btree:$data_directory/postscreen_cache

Thinking it might be a problem with the FreeBSD package, I compiled
the pristine Postfix sources, went into bin/, and ran:

# ./postmap -s /var/db/postfix/postscreen_cache

Still hung.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas        https://mwl.io/
author of: Absolute OpenBSD, SSH Mastery, git commit murder,