On 06.11.23 09:31, lejeczek via Postfix-users wrote:
I'd hope some experts here have it figured out long time ago & would be happy to advise on:

How to keep root's mail locally, on each machine + at the same time have a copy forwarder to another address.

I personally redirect all root's mail to local user via aliases, where it's stored locally and forwarded to remote via .forward.

other way is using recipient_bcc_maps to another account, but this might be a bit overkill.

More specifics on what I'm thinking:
r...@box1.my.private
r...@box2.my.private
etc...
those root have mail delivered locally & a copy forwarded to allmail@my.private and!... when forwarded to _allmail@my.private_ then there would be some evidence of that _r...@box1.my.private_

To highlight - currently my Postfix does some key bits via Dovecot and I'd love to keep it that way.
virtual_transport = lmtp:unix:private/dovecot-lmtp
smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:private/dovecot-lmtp

many thanks for all the thoughts & suggestions. L.

Perhaps you could configure local copy+forward via sieve scripts.

My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states.