On 06/11/2023 15:25, Wietse Venema via Postfix-users wrote:
lejeczek via Postfix-users:
Hi guys.

How do you do your local domain local root mail collection?
Having a numer of boxes, say:
r...@box1.my.private
r...@box2.my.private
etc..
Have you considerd using local aliases to forward mail for 'root'
to a different address?

$ man 5 aliases

$ postconf alias_maps

I now understand that such Postfixes must run with:
if want to forward own local root to a one central allmail@my.private and that one postfix/server (routed to via MX) must be with: mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain
eg.
r...@box1.my.private to forward via/with MX to a "differnt-central" postfix to allmail@my.private

I have another question relating to this, but I'll put into a separate thread.

thanks, L.