Vijay S Sarvepalli via Postfix-users:
[ Charset windows-1252 converted... ]
> Hello Postfix community,
>
> This may be a feature request. As far as I can tell it is currently
> not possible to verify if an authenticated user has sent email
> that uses a From: header (After DATA command) that does not match
> his/her credentials.
> The only way I found is using some third party software
> https://github.com/magcks/milterfrom/

This is intentional. Apart from simple header/body checks to block
known evil, Postfix generally does not implement configurable
policies on header/body content, leaving such policies up to plugins.

> There may be two other minor issues that I can bring up for Postfix community
> to comment on
>

>   1.  The mailbox_command and delivery pipe programs provided
>   valuable environment variables such as ORIGINAL_RECIPIENT, SENDER,
>   LOGNAME - is it possible to also provide the ESMTP ID internally
>   as another environment variable? This is primarily to identify
>   the delivery transaction via pipe or mailbox_command initiated
>   (perhaps uniquely)
>   https://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#mailbox_command

I suppose that is the RFC 3461 ENVID parameter of the MAIL FROM
command?  Fortunately, this information is already available in
Postfix delivery agents. It takes only two lines of code in
src/local/command.to export the value:

    if (state.request->dsn_envid && state.request->dsn_envid[0])
        argv_add(env, "ENVID", state.request->dsn_envid, ARGV_END);

It take more text to document this in local(8), postconf(5), and
perhaps elsewhere. I have a preliminary iomplementation for Postfux
3.9 that I will finish later.

>   2.  The example configuration file incorrectly states a configuration
>   called ./conf/main.cf `default_user` which should be `default_privs`
>   as I understand
> Line 455: # Exception:  delivery for root is done as $default_user.

Thanks, fixed in Postfix 3.9.