Wietse Venema via Postfix-users wrote in
 <4tpmnz1dqyzj...@spike.porcupine.org>:
 |Postfix has to be compatible with libmilter, the reference
 |implementation from Sendmail. It absolutely makes no sends for me
 |to unilaterally add features. If you wish to propose libmilter API
 |changes, such as claimng a code, then this mailing list is not the
 |place to do that.

Well, sure.  But just to point out that you seem to have been at
odds with this particular thing, too.
It seems to me, from memory, that it could end up as a one line
change for postfix?

 |Claus Assmann is on this list, perhaps he can provide insight into
 |the process to propose an API change.

Oh that would be nice.  It is not an API change actually, only an
additional bit that could optionally be supported, as announced in
the option negotiation.
There are several bits which seem to be actually pointless, at
least for sendmail (the free one as included with FreeBSD) and
postfix.

Anyhow, for postfix, basing policy filters and milters upon the
actual necessities of postfix, is and would be, respectively,
a very nice thing, in my opinion.

--steffen