Jakob Cornell via Postfix-users:
> If I understand right the non-indexed skip is implemented by the
> 'continue' at global/maps.c:199, so a flag could be added to track
> whether execution has passed line 199 and if not, the log statement
> at 221 could be skipped.

I can add a debug log that a specific table is skipped for a specific name.

    for (map_name = maps->argv->argv; *map_name; map_name++) {
        if (flags != 0 && (dict->flags & flags) == 0) {
            if (msg_verbose)
                msg_info("%s: %s: skipping %s lookup for %s",
                         myname, maps->title, *map_name, name);
            continue;
        }
        /* Seach this table for this key. Return after 'found' or error. */
    }
    /* Log "search aborted" after error, "not found" otherwise. */

There is no need for additional flags to distinguish between "skipped"
and "not found": "skipped" always applies to a single table instance,
while "not found" always applies to the table collection.