On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 10:07 PM Viktor Dukhovni via Postfix-users
<postfix-users@postfix.org> wrote:
> > I truly have no clue why my maillog is so different than yours. I set
> > "smtpd_tls_loglevel = 2" and here's the log (on the machine running
> > postfix @ domain.name) from gmail connecting, and logging in as
> > "auser" and then trying to send an email as "auser" back to me here at
> > gmail:
>
> So you decided to add more hay to stack to hide the needle? :-)
> Best to set the log level back to 1.

I figured that maybe level 2 would give me "client" and if not, that
it might show you something more helpful. Back to 1...

> > Mar 11 18:57:11 MACHINE postfix/submission/smtpd[40225]: NOQUEUE:
> > reject: RCPT from mail-ua1-f50.google.com[209.85.222.50]: 553 5.7.1
> > <au...@domain.name>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user auser;
> > from=<au...@domain.name> to=<glenn.ten...@gmail.com> proto=ESMTP
> > helo=<mail-ua1-f50.google.com>
>
> Right, the missing "client=" is because the message was not accepted,
> and so no queue id was assigned.  It seems this was before the changes
> to master.cf were made effective.

Ok... that does sound like it's always been this way...
So, any idea of what's causing that?
Just wondering, could it maybe be "-o
smtpd_sasl_security_options=noanonymous" -- I'm just asking because I
saw "Anonymous TLS connection established from
mail-ua1-f50.google.com[209.85.222.50]" in the logs I've sent.

But any ideas for me to try are most gladly appreciated.

> Well, if you've restarted Postfix after those changes, it should now
> work (a "reload" should actually suffice, but a restart is harmless for
> a low-volume personal server).

Oh, I always do "sudo postmap main.cf" when editing it and then, again
always, do "sudo service postfix restart" after every change before
every test.

Thanks