Hallo,

On my machine, the authoriative server (BIND) only listends on the
the ethernet IP interface, while the recursive server (unbound)
listends only on 127.0.0.1.  It validates queries for my own domain,
just like for any other.

I wanted to prevent installing and caring for two software instances on such a minor system.

So two tasks for me:
a) fix the internal DNSSEC issue

Nothing to fix in DNSSEC, rather, split the auth and recursive
resolvers.

We'll see. Maybe I can convince bind to be a recursive resolver on the local interface and ask itself via the external interface for the own domains. Essentially your setup, but only with bind. I thought I did so in the past, but it also may be I simply forgot about it. I believe bind doesn't offer the easy way to simply check and add ad flags for it's own domains when
used as recursive resolver.

Or maybe I'll document situation and simply ignore the missing DANE for these two hosts ;-)

For Freedom In Peace