On Sun, Mar 24, 2024 at 04:32:15PM +0100, Jack Raats via Postfix-users wrote:

> Can any help me. I want to recieve email via ipv4 and ipv6. I want to send
> email via ipv6 only.
> I tried using smtp_address_preference = ipv6, but that didn't work.

I have a machine where IPv6 connectivity is second-class (Verizon Fios
does not offer IPv6, so GRE tunnel via Hurricane Electric), and where
historically there was more impedance (stricter inbound policies on
remote servers) for IPv6 SMTP.  So I chose to deliver only via IPv4:

    $ postconf -Mf smtp/unix
    smtp       unix  -       -       n       -       150     smtp
        -o inet_protocols=ipv4

And for a few v6 only domains I have:

    $ postconf -Mf ipv6/unix
    ipv6       unix  -       -       n       -       150     smtp
        -o inet_protocols=ipv6

--
    Viktor.