On 13.04.24 12:51, Paul van der Vlis via Postfix-users wrote:
Unfortunately, I have quite a few customers who want to receive email from their own domain at a different email address, such as a Gmail or Hotmail address. I forward this in /etc/postfix/virtual.

But I actually don't understand why this arrives, especially if the sender has an SPF or DMARC clearly states that it should be rejected if the email comes from the wrong IP.

as other have stated, many recipients don't reject SPF fail if DKIM (DMARC) passes. Google is one of those recipients.

Perhaps Gmail and others don't care about that, but it could also be that they look beyond the forward address and see that it comes from a legitimate IP, but only forwarded is.
That would be good, but maybe easily forged without DKIM?

Could someone tell us more about this?

If both DKIM and SPF fail, google will explicitly reject such email. Before, it was possible that the mail would be accepted based on spamminess and your IP reputation.

Others still may use similar handling but I wouldn't rely on it.

And what is a good solution for forwarding? Rewrite the sender?  SRS?

Yes.

And if both DKIM and SPF fail, there's stil possibility of rewriting From: header and DKIM-signing it. Alternativelly, tell customer that the sender does not wish their mail to be forwarded.