Le 22/05/2024 à 12:35, Greg Sims via Postfix-users a écrit :
Thank you again for your feedback on this issue.

I watched the workload in real time this morning and now have more
insight into what is happening.  It appears the large ISPs are using
TLS connection as a way to throttle incoming traffic.  I looked at the
inbound mail queue and found most of the traffic going to gmail.com.
I believe this is because of the 20 & 25 seconds delays google.com is
injecting into the TLS connection.  I can also see no delays for the
smaller ISPs with little traffic.  Please see some data below.

Best, Greg

This is a sample of delays= for google.com -- 20 and 25 second delays:

   0.01/11/20/0.73,
   0.01/9.5/20/0.77,
   0.01/0/25/0.74,
   0.01/7.6/25/0.91,
   0.01/6.9/25/1.1,
   0.01/13/20/4.6,
   0.01/14/25/0.56,
   0.01/14/25/1.1,
   0.01/0/0.22/0.72,
   0.01/0/0.39/0.79,

Here are delays= from yahoo -- 5.3 second delays:

   0.01/0/10/4.1,
   0.05/0/5.1/0.95,
   0.01/0/5.2/0.68,
   0.01/0/5.3/0.57,
   0.01/0/0.45/0.42,
   0.01/0/5.3/0.42,
   0.01/0/5.3/0.34,
   0.01/0.39/5.1/0.73,
   0.01/0/1.2/2,
   0.01/0/5.3/0.34,

And from icloud -- little delay:

   0.01/0/0.14/2.5,
   0.01/0.02/0.15/2.7,
   0.01/0/0.34/11,
   0.01/0/0.13/4.9,
   0.01/0/0.06/4.1,
   0.01/0/0.13/1.5,

Check all your public DNS records/config  which concern you outboud server : PTR, A  of your public IP, A and possibly PTR of your EHLO name if different. SPF/DKIM/DMARC record of the outgoing Mail From envelope/From header.

Could be caused by bad records or DNS missconfiguration/blackhole or DNS interoperability issues when distant check your configuration. For the TCP session establishment check PTR/A/and A of the returned PTR if different first.

But it could be a client issue too. So a complete hosts tcpdump or debug_peer_list session for selected test email (use a user defined specific test transport to enable debug_peer on a specific email address) would produce more interesting timing trace.

Emmanuel.