Greg Sims via Postfix-users:
> We found the following in our email log:
>
>   May 26 00:35:57 mail01.raystedman.org postfix/t124/smtp[39065]:
> 0A7D630F1C7C: to=<es-devo-bounce+<deleted>=
> cecytebc.edu...@devotion.raystedman.org>,
> relay=aspmx.l.google.com[142.251.2.26]:25,
> delay=0.52, delays=0/0/0.21/0.31, dsn=5.7.26, status=bounced (host
> aspmx.l.google.com[142.251.2.26] said: 550-5.7.26 Unauthenticated email
> from raystedman.org is not accepted due to 550-5.7.26 domain's DMARC
> policy. Please contact the administrator of 550-5.7.26 raystedman.org
> domain if this was a legitimate mail. To learn about 550-5.7.26 the DMARC
> initiative, go to 550 5.7.26
> https://support.google.com/mail/?p=DmarcRejection
> 98e67ed59e1d1-2bf5fe61ba7si4174351a91.147 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA
> command))
>
> We delivered 1000s of email to Google in this time frame -- we received
> only five failures like the one above.  I worked with the Google Team today
> and determined the following:
>
> (1) Our SPF DNS contains the IP Address this email was sent from.  This
> implies DMARC should have passed -- as I believe DMARC requires failures
> for Both SPF and DKIM for a hard failure.
>
> (2) The sending IP Address is a valid relay for our domain at Google.  The
> email should not have been Unauthenticated as a result.
>
> (3) I checked bou...@raystedman.org which in general ends up with all email
> that bounce and contains VERP -- this was not the case with this email.
>
> The Google Team would like to have the message headers of this email to
> further debug the issue.  How can I use Postfix to capture the email
> headers/content in this case.

notify_classes (default: resource, software)
       The list of error classes that are reported to  the  postmaster.
       bounce (also implies 2bounce)
              Send the postmaster copies of the headers of bounced  mail,  and
              send transcripts of SMTP sessions when Postfix rejects mail. The
              notification  is  sent  to  the  address  specified   with   the
              bounce_notice_recipient  configuration parameter (default: post-
              master).

You can specify "-o { notify_classes = bounce, resource, software}"
in master.cf for the Postfix SMTP client.

If all Google mail is handled by a dedicated delivery transport
(using transport_maps) then you can make this custom notify_classes
setting specific to that transport.

that only base on a reject in the middle of a delivery.